Reduce, Reuse, RecycleNo Author
Mar 17, 2010
Professional Plating Inc. continues to look for new ways to enhance our positive environmental footprint. We are pleased to announce,
• As of March 1, 2010 we are no longer a hazardous waste generator
• Reduced our generation of Waste Water filter sludge by 34,000 lbs in 2009
• Our process cooling water from our rectifiers are recycled back to rinse waters, saving 11,000 gallons of water per day !!
• We eliminated the use of a 25-hp chiller by using reverse osmosis water to cool the e-coat paint baths saving 188 kW per day
We are also taking an active role with each team member to recycle materials to minimize our impact on solid waste generation. Each area has recycling bins for paper/cardboard, scrap metal/banding and plastic.
• In 2009 we recycled 30,000 lbs in ferrous metal
• In 2009 we recycled 7,000 lbs in non-ferrous metal
i.e – copper, aluminum, titanium
• In 2009 we recycled over 400 plastic chemical drums that are cleaned and
• Each month, we recycle 60 cubic feet of comingled paper and cardboard
• Our plastic recycling program has reduced our garbage accumulation by 50% !!